This project is the last I had planned for my (re)purpose vintage quilt series. I had a few small projects that I just didn’t have time to get to. Most of my sewing takes place on the weekend as does laundry, house cleaning, grocery shopping, etc. Therefore all the planned projects on my list had to be completed this weekend since next Saturday is the last day of the Write 31 Days challenge. Due to the above list of must-dos, today’s project is the last one of the quilt (re)purpose that I have to showcase.
Much like the state of Georgia applique that I made for the pillow cover, I free-hand sketched a deer head (very trendy these days), and traced it onto a piece of the patchwork vintage quilt to which I had ironed some interfacing on the back. I cut it out and set my machine to the blanket stitch and stitched it to a piece of leftover osnaburg fabric.
I stitched this early on in the process but it is just the first step of what I had planned for finishing the project. My idea was to frame this piece for hanging on the wall. The second step of this (re)purpose project was to get out the mitre saw and cut some of the leftover pallet wood I have on hand from my son’s American flag project. The plan was to use the pallet wood as a frame – a multi (re)purpose project.
But alas, life stepped in and took control leaving me with too little time to complete the idea that I dreamed up. That’s not to say it won’t happen. This happens to be one of my favorites of the (re)purpose quilt and I can envision it on the wall. I will definitely show you the finished project here on the blog. So stay tuned.
In the meantime, I will finish out the 31 days of writing as I committed to doing. I hope you will come back and read not just for the remainder of this week but on a regular basis. I look forward to hearing your comments on the project. Thanks for reading.